Monday, February 1, 2016

Marking Syllables Trick

This week has been extremely busy but I wanted to share this quick idea that has been working for me. Since I put all our student pages in protective sheets we use dry erase markers to mark syllables, but sometimes it wasn't as easy because the markers are slightly bigger and one of my students has Irlen's syndrome so it is hard for her to make her eyes focus on the separate syllables. I had seen syllable sliders recommended by Susan Barton but just didn't have it in the budget to get something like that for such a minor purpose. 

So, we started "highlighting" syllables with the dry erase markers instead. This way we can mark as many syllables as we like without any trouble and because it erases if my student realizes they divided it incorrectly the first time they can easily fix it. 

Plus, pretty colors!


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I will totally use this with my students! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep writing and sharing!!! You are such a help to tutors and I continually need game ideas. Thank you for publishing on TPT! Hope you had a good move.

    ReplyDelete