Thursday, February 25, 2016

Another Review Game and Joining Teachers Pay Teachers

Hi! I've been so thankful lately to have several students starting new levels in Barton Reading and Spelling. It's so rewarding to see the hard work of hours of tutoring one-on-one and troubleshooting for each student's particular struggles pay off.


(sometimes I have to bribe Ana through her reading lessons with baby time with her baby sister!)


My daughter, Ana, is now in Level 5 and doing great. It's a big relief after how intense Level 4 was to have an entire lesson on something as simple as suffix "s" and "es"!

With her on Level 5 and another student about to begin the same level a few lessons behind, I wanted to add some extra practice games for the girls. Ana has profound hearing loss and so she has significant language delays. So while the spelling/reading aspects of suffixes haven't been nearly as difficult as tackling multi-syllable words and schwas and vowel teams, I'm using this as an opportunity to advance her vocabulary and language skills too! This is one of the things I love about Orton-Gillingham instruction, it's so multi-faceted that it doesn't just get dyslexic children reading....it teaches them how the English language works.

I've decided the easiest way to upload and share some resources I've made is through Teachers Pay Teachers. It's an established site, lots of people already frequent it, and it's easy to use. I've found several fantastic resources there and I highly recommend that more homeschoolers or independent tutors make use of it. There are some really talented professionals on there sharing inexpensive resources for others.

To start off my account I went ahead and uploaded the newest game I made for my older students. This one is created for students at or above Barton Level 5: Lesson 2 OR any Orton-Gillingham students who have learned the suffixes LY, LESS, FUL, NESS, and MENT.



No comments:

Post a Comment